cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a record in ODBC database

Jump to solution

I have a service written to log calls into a department. The service works fine with a USER DATABASE, however when I try to use an ODBC database, based on ACCESS 2010, it will not add the record....

The ODBC database shows "connected" on the DATA SOURCE tab, all the fields are populated properly (the same as in the local user database), but no new record is written, and the call exits through the "Otherwise"  tab...

What log would I need to search to find this?

Or, is there something simple I am missing?

I am using other ODBC databases and tables with no issue, but they are reading the information, not adding a record...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding a record in ODBC database

Jump to solution

I deleted the ODBC data source and recreated it and everything is working fine now..

I am guessing that the Date/Time in the ACCESS database just wasn't compatible with the DATE and TIME formats in the UC Service

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you go to the UC Client application and go to Data Sources in the Navigation Pane, then double click on your ODBC Data Source. In the “Tables and fields” section next to the Table name, you will see a check box called “Allow Updates” Is that checked or is it greyed out?

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Allow updates is checked....

I can uncheck and recheck (which I tried to no success)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Post a screen shot of what your ODBC Datasource settings page looks like.

Then go to your swlogs file, delete it, then do the steps again to get it to fail, then copy the swlog.txt file and post that also.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Other thing is what version Access you running and what bit is it 64 or 32?

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The version is 2010 (14.0.7116.5000) 32-bit

I found one issue, Access is using a DATE/TIME type classification. The UC would write in the DATE/TIME  type field with the "Today" system information, but would not write "Current Time" into the DATE/TIME type labeled Time.

I changed the field types in the access database o TEXT and was able to write a record, however, it seems that one record is all that it will write.  Additional calls go out through the otherwise connector on the ADD DATA element. I am still troubleshooting, if I cant get it, I will post the SWLOG file

Thanks for your help so far...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, looks like the problem might be in the service itself now. How are you identifying the record to be updated or are you using the Add Data element?

If you can post a picture of your service.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I deleted the ODBC data source and recreated it and everything is working fine now..

I am guessing that the Date/Time in the ACCESS database just wasn't compatible with the DATE and TIME formats in the UC Service

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Glad you got it working! Thanks for the update!

-Mark