Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Install/Configure Conference Bridge

Jump to solution

I know we were sold this option originally, but I never followed through with it.  Our license states we have 6 conference seats, but I can't seem to find any information on setting up the "Conference Bridge".  I dial 7050 on our Netvanta 7100 and it goes to a fast busy.  Is there more instruction somewhere on setup?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Re: Install/Configure Conference Bridge

Jump to solution

That is normal. Those are for the “Server Application Services” service

If you open up the Services application on the 420, check and see if all the SIP services are running. There should be 6 of them.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

It looks like I should be able to create a "conference" user in the system, but no such option exists for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Jump to solution

I assume you are referring to the BCS, where you have the UC Server attached to the 7100.

If that is the case. You will need to create a separate SIP Trunk to the UC server using port 5060 and then for the Trunk Group, you will need to go to the Detailed View – Permit/Restriction Call Template and add 7050 as the only number to permit.

Let me know if you need more detailed info on the steps.

-Mark

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Yes, we have a netvanta 7100 and a U420 UC Server.

More detail is always nice.  I'd rather not mess up our phone system today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

It looks like that is already set up.  We have an entry in trunk accounts for "Audio Conference Server" and it is pointing to the UCServer on port 5060. 

Also appears the group is set up for extension 7050.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

After doing some port scans, nothing is listening on 5060.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

And after more digging, in the UC Client Administration I don't have a port configured for 5060 or an identity for the conference system.  So it appears the technician went that far and then missed the last few steps.  So it appears I just need the instructions for setting up the UC server portion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Jump to solution

We go over all of this in the ATSP/UCSS training class and I highly recommend that training if you are using BCS.

And for the 7100, I recommend the ATSP/UCAS class.

We both both a two week virtual class, two days a week, for both and we also have a self study kit available. GO to adtran.com then training for more info.

Steps.

-Go to voice / trunks / trunk accounts. Give it a name like Conf Bridge type is sip and click add

- ip the sip server address field set it to ip and enter ip of U420, scroll down and click Apply.

-to go trunks / trunk groups give it a name and click add

-click add members and add your conf sip trunk account

-scroll down and expand detailed view – permission/restriction call temp and then click Configure template button

-in the template field under permit, enter 7050 and leave cost blank, click add

-save config and test.

-

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Jump to solution

You have to have the ECS communication system configured on the u420 if you want to use the conf bridge, if you log into the server and open up the NetVanta UC Client application and what do you see listed under Communication Systems?

The other stuff I sent you was what you had to do on the 7100. You also have to do stuff on the u420

-Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

NetVanta7100

-Options

Audio Conferencing System

-Routing

-Services