cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buffit
New Contributor II

Main menu wav file

Jump to solution

I need to change my main menu wav file to our new company name.

How can I find it....and change it and then reload it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Main menu wav file

Jump to solution

It can depend on if they are recorded under the admin identity and then what voice style is used, some of which changed in versions.  Try looking here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ADTRAN\NetVanta UC Server\Data\Users\00000000\Announcements\English (U.S.) Male\Shared

The 00000000 corresponds to the admin profile.  Depending on your implementation you may need to hunt and peck in the subfolders under \Data\Users\00000000\Announcements.  If you don't have any luck finding it that way you can always try looking at the filename in the Play Announcement element within the service editor like the "PleaseEnterMailboxNu" shown in the screenshot of my last post and searching for that filename within windows.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can record a new message by logging into the UC client as admin and going to Announcements menu.  After a new announcement is created you can then navigate to the Services menu within the client and double click the service you want to change.  Once it opens up in the service editor, click the arrow on the Play Announcement element that shows the current file being played:

Service.jpg

Then from the pop-up menu select Announcements > Shared (assuming the new announcement was saved there) > and select the new recording from the list.  Then save the service and close the service editor.

Thanks,

Matt

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thank you...

I am just curious I can find where the wav files are stored on my UC server.  When I look under properties and all it says /announcements but I can't find that directory anywhere.

Was going to copy off the currently wave file to get the script for it...and then have some one rerecord it and replace it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It can depend on if they are recorded under the admin identity and then what voice style is used, some of which changed in versions.  Try looking here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ADTRAN\NetVanta UC Server\Data\Users\00000000\Announcements\English (U.S.) Male\Shared

The 00000000 corresponds to the admin profile.  Depending on your implementation you may need to hunt and peck in the subfolders under \Data\Users\00000000\Announcements.  If you don't have any luck finding it that way you can always try looking at the filename in the Play Announcement element within the service editor like the "PleaseEnterMailboxNu" shown in the screenshot of my last post and searching for that filename within windows.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Matt,

Thank you,,,,it worked like a charm.