cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayg75
New Contributor III

Secondary number to receive faxes

Jump to solution

We have a 7100 and UC server.  Most of the users have a primary extension and then a secondary phone number that is supposed to be setup for receiving faxes.  Only one of the users ever used the feature and now we needed it enabled on another user.  When I call the number for the other user that needs it and it goes to the voice mail system.  I removed the second number and assigned one to this user that I know was working and it still rolls to VM.  What kind of info do I need to provide to you to get help with this

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secondary number to receive faxes

Jump to solution

You may already know this, but just in case...

you can create a fax identity for an existing user using the New Identity Wizard, and selecting the Receive Fax mode.

You cannot configure or delete a user DID fax attendant using the identities menu. You must manage fax attendants using the Users menu.

source: ECS/BAS Administrator Guide or, UCS Administrator Guide

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You may already know this, but just in case...

you can create a fax identity for an existing user using the New Identity Wizard, and selecting the Receive Fax mode.

You cannot configure or delete a user DID fax attendant using the identities menu. You must manage fax attendants using the Users menu.

source: ECS/BAS Administrator Guide or, UCS Administrator Guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

rayg75,

Did overtwisted's last response help you resolve this issue for you?  If so, please come back to this post to provide an update and mark his answer as the correct answer.  If you still need assistance we would be happy to continue working with you on this, just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt