cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buffit
New Contributor II

connecting to 2005 sql server on my UCServer

Jump to solution

I was able to do this a long time ago, but lost how I did it.

I either want to connect either with an ODBC Data connector and use access 2010 or I want to use SQL server Management studio to connect to the UCServer.  It appears to be running SQL 2005.

I get a message of it can be found or access denied.  I have the username and password, which I believe are correct.  But, I have no way to check to see if they are.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: connecting to 2005 sql server on my UCServer

Jump to solution

You can test your connection to the SQL server from a command prompt

Enter the following

osql -U user -P password -S Your_target_machine\Your_instance

For example, I was able to test access to a remote SQL server with the following command from my UC Server

osql -U TrainODBC -P Password1 -S ODBCSRV\NETVANTAUC

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can test your connection to the SQL server from a command prompt

Enter the following

osql -U user -P password -S Your_target_machine\Your_instance

For example, I was able to test access to a remote SQL server with the following command from my UC Server

osql -U TrainODBC -P Password1 -S ODBCSRV\NETVANTAUC

-Mark

0 Kudos
buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Mark,

Thanks for the info, sorry took so long to get back to this.  I was able to get in, but have a new question.  The instance I got into was serverip\objectworld.

I am seeing a lot of objects and such, but no real data.  Would there be a server name like you suggested \netvantatuc that might have the actual call data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Buffit,

Sorry for late replay, been slammed teaching on the road for the past 5 weeks.  So it looks like your trying to connect to the UC Server SQL Database. ADTRAN does not recommend users to mess with these DBs. If you delete or mess something up, your UC Sever could break and Technical Support will not be able to assist you in fixing this since  this is not allowed.

In class we teach that you can add new tables to this DB that you can use in the UC Server but we do not teach or recommend going through or changing the other tables.

What exactly are you looking for or looking to do?

-mark