cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buffit
New Contributor II

office closed message

Jump to solution

What we want to do is have a message play for employees whenever the office is going to be closed say for bad weather.

We have a menu system setup, I am think I can add a menu option to that, but then what would I add then an Announcement or play1 time message?

Also, how would an employee be able to call in and change that message without having to come into the office?

Or would it just be easier to setup an extension and have some one call in and just change the greeting on that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: office closed message

Jump to solution

Buffit,

I teach an Advanced UC class which goes over how to do all of this. We are looking to schedule one soon but not on calendar now. Email Training@adtran.com if your interested and ask them when the next Advanced UCSS class it. It is all about making services, notification server, apt reminder, stuff like that.

For you setup, first you will need to create a user DB, here is the one I made,it will need two fields, one for audio and one to set it to be on/off.

DB_Message.jpg

Next you will right click on it and edit it and just create one row by dlicking add button.Like this:

DB_Edit.jpg

I have attached a service that you can upload to your server, if you make the DB like I did, then upload the service to your server, you can test and see how it works. I test it and it worked fine.

Upload the service to the following location:

(Install DIrectory)\ADTRAN\NetVanta UC Server\Data\Users\00000000\Services

let me know if you have any questions or if you weren't able to download the actual .srv file.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Buffit,

This can easily be done if you have the Database Integration license. Do you know if you have that? In UC Client on the server, go to Help > License Information and scroll down to where you see Database Integration, It will either be set to Yes or No. let me know what you have and we will go from there.

-mark

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Mark,

Yes we do have Database Integration.  Actually, at one point we had planned to proactively text all employees encase of bad weather or issues at the office that was closed.  But, we never got that project completed.

So, right now I would settle for a solution to this thread.

Thanks!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Buffit,

I teach an Advanced UC class which goes over how to do all of this. We are looking to schedule one soon but not on calendar now. Email Training@adtran.com if your interested and ask them when the next Advanced UCSS class it. It is all about making services, notification server, apt reminder, stuff like that.

For you setup, first you will need to create a user DB, here is the one I made,it will need two fields, one for audio and one to set it to be on/off.

DB_Message.jpg

Next you will right click on it and edit it and just create one row by dlicking add button.Like this:

DB_Edit.jpg

I have attached a service that you can upload to your server, if you make the DB like I did, then upload the service to your server, you can test and see how it works. I test it and it worked fine.

Upload the service to the following location:

(Install DIrectory)\ADTRAN\NetVanta UC Server\Data\Users\00000000\Services

let me know if you have any questions or if you weren't able to download the actual .srv file.

-Mark

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Regarding the text thing, we don't have a SMS gatewat built in, but I configured one in-house for ADTRAN for a sales event to were we just had a column in a database that had the people's cellphone followed by their mail-to-SMS gateway filled in. It worked great! Just takes time entering the data, but if your an Excel wiz you could configure it to add it automatically with a formula.

Here is where you can reference all the gateways of carriers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways

Hope that helps!

Mark

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Ok, I did all that looks good.

Now, and it seriously pains me to ask this, but how do I test it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Buffit,

Sorry for late reply. First assign the service to a test attendant identity or your real DID. If you look at the service, the first thing it is dong is looking in the DB to see if message is set, 0 for yes 1 for no. then in your menu i used # as the hidden entrance, if you hit it, it is sliently waiting for passcode, enter the passcode and then follow the prompts. let me know if you have any questions.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt