cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khnguyen98
New Contributor

TSU ACE 2nd gen - Need Big Help with settings

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie here. This is a first time I have this issue so I hope you don't mind if I ask dumb questions. We have a problem with the circuit. Smartjack showed RLOS alarm.

Our current TSU ACE 2nd gen is too old to see anything on the display. AT&T ran the test and the circuit is clean. I'm planning to test my extended cable tomorrow (from smartjack to the TSU ACE device) but at the same time I'd like to replace the TSU that I have (since I can't read anything on it).

Can anyone give me some information how to set this new TSU up from the display? We are using AT&T T1 for voice with Avaya phone system (this T1 is for point to point connection, the remote site looks fine on the smartjack and TSU). I hope I can just copy the config and restore, but it's not working like that on this TSU ._

Thank you so much.

KN

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TSU ACE 2nd gen - Need Big Help with settings

If this is a point-to-point T1 then both ends should be configured, pretty much, the same. (Except possibly the "Clock Source" under the Network configuration.)

If you look at the manual (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-3507), chapter 5 (page 37) shows the configuration options for both the Network (T1) and the Port (the V.35 interface). You definitely need the PORT configuration to be the same on both ends of the circuit (primarily the Start Channel and Number of Channels). Since this is a point-to-point T1, the Network should be configured the same as well, with the "Clock Source" the only possible exception. If there is no timing on the T1 then one side should be NETWORK and the other INTERNAL. If there is timing on the circuit then they will both be NETWORK.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TSU ACE 2nd gen - Need Big Help with settings

Since we haven't heard anything back from you, I'm going to mark this question as "assumed answered". If you have additional questions feel free to continue the discussion.