Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
multipl3x
New Contributor II

Adtran 908e VLAN Access Port

Jump to solution

Hello

We have run into a situation where I need to trunk VLANS to an Adtran 908e with a VLAN for SIP and then one for DATA

The data VLAN I would like to pass out eth0/2 as an access port in that VLAN to another router.

I cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

I have tried creating eth0/2.1000 with vlan-id 1000 native, but it does not seem to work. Is this possible with the Adtran 908e?

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 908e VLAN Access Port

Jump to solution

Evan, no model of 900 supports that functionality. Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Evan, the 908e does support VLANs, but with some caveats. First, if I'm understanding correctly, you want to be able to pass a VLAN from one ethernet port to another. That is not possible. Each ethernet port on the 908 can be enabled for 802.1Q encapsulation with multiple VLAN subinterfaces. Each of those interfaces must be on its own unique IP network and those networks can not overlap with any network configured on the other ethernet port. The 908 will route between VLANs, but it can not bridge the 2 ethernet ports. Thanks

Jay

multipl3x
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks Jay

You understood correctly. Is there any difference in that aspect between the 908e G2 and the G3? I vaguely remember reading something where passing VLANS between the two ports on the G3 was possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Evan, no model of 900 supports that functionality. Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos