cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adtran 924E FXS ports

Jump to solution

I have another question regarding the 924. I have been requested to install an external ringer (loud bell) for a noisy shop area. Is there a way to make one of the FXS ports ring any time there is a call on any of the other ports?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 924E FXS ports

Jump to solution

Mike,

Thanks for posting!  Unfortunately, the ADTRAN TA900 series cannot ring two ports simultaneously from a single received SIP Invite.  However, it is possible that the SIP server may support some type of "ring all" ring group.  In this scenario, a given call would actually result in the SIP server sending the ADTRAN unit two separate SIP Invites, one for the phone and one for the number associated with the external ringer.  The ADTRAN unit would then ring both ports.  When the call is answered by called party, the SIP server should then send a SIP Cancel for the external ringer.

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mike,

Thanks for posting!  Unfortunately, the ADTRAN TA900 series cannot ring two ports simultaneously from a single received SIP Invite.  However, it is possible that the SIP server may support some type of "ring all" ring group.  In this scenario, a given call would actually result in the SIP server sending the ADTRAN unit two separate SIP Invites, one for the phone and one for the number associated with the external ringer.  The ADTRAN unit would then ring both ports.  When the call is answered by called party, the SIP server should then send a SIP Cancel for the external ringer.

Hope this helps,

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mike,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David