cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vuppandm
New Contributor

Adtran 9XX SRTP MKI support

Jump to solution

We are using Adtran 9XX as SIP Edge device to terminate SIP trunks from the provider. The provider is sending SRTP life-time and MKI parameters in SIP but Adtran is not negotiating that. Can someone confirm whether Adtran supports SRTP MKI parameters ( means can it negotiate in SRTP)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adtran 9XX SRTP MKI support

Jump to solution

Murali,

Thanks for your question but unfortunately the AOS SRTP feature set does not use MKI length as one of the SRTP Key Parameters. Per RFC 4568 section 6.1, the MKI field is optional and is not required. ADTRAN did not implement this optional field. I am sorry for any inconvenience. If this is something that is required for your solution, then you can request this feature to your ADTRAN sales person.  Another option is to have your provider turn off the optional MKI field if they are able to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Murali,

Thanks for your question but unfortunately the AOS SRTP feature set does not use MKI length as one of the SRTP Key Parameters. Per RFC 4568 section 6.1, the MKI field is optional and is not required. ADTRAN did not implement this optional field. I am sorry for any inconvenience. If this is something that is required for your solution, then you can request this feature to your ADTRAN sales person.  Another option is to have your provider turn off the optional MKI field if they are able to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark. This helps. The service provider is not ready to turn this off on their SBC and that's why I had to post this question. We will document this as a limitation