cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smiclean
New Contributor

Best practice to splitting data and internet on Adtran 908e

Adtran 908e. 

Ethernet port 1 has out side IP for internet.

Ethernet port 2 has inside IP of 10.10.0.3.

How would I go about configuring the gig port so that data  stays on internal network and internet goes out the e1 port?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Best practice to splitting data and internet on Adtran 908e

The post is somewhat confusing as the Internet is used to transmit and receive data. A more complete definition of what you are trying to do would be helpful.

You would configure your firewall for NAT to go from your eth 0/2 to a public IP, usually that of your eth 0/1 interface. The GUI firewall wizard can do this for you.

Are there other internal networks to which you need to connect?

Sorry if it is confusing. 

Basically looking on how to configure the ADtran so that internal data stays on our network and any internet data goes out to our public IP.  Is NAT the best way or is creating vlans.  Or do I need to do both. 

And is the GIG port set up with the gateway address such as 10.10.0.1 with a NAT to our public IP?

Sorry if this is confusing but I am new to configuring AD Trans and just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.  I need this for 5 other sites.

Thanks

Steve

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

You say that eth 0/2 is 10.10.0.3 and the gig 0/1 is 10.10.0.1. That doesn't make sense.

If the internal data should stay on your network, configure a static route for your internal network space pointed to the next internal hop. Configure a default route pointed to your Internet outside next-hop (ISP side of subnet on eth 0/1). Set up NAT from your local subnet to use the public IP connected to eth 0/1.

Sorry that was a typo. And your right does not make sense.  I will try what you wrote above if I understand it correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Steve