Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkenjale
New Contributor

Cable type used in TA 908E to connect to PBX

Jump to solution

Hello,

I wanted to know why cable type is used to connect Ad-Tran TA 908E (port T1 0/3 and T1 0/4) to the PBX device. Is there any specification that the T1 ports are required to use from cable type's perspective ?
In my scenario, I have T1 0/3 and 0/4 dedicated to connect to the PBX device and the PBX vendor is trying to connect the straight-through cable between these 2 devices. However, there is no link activity once the connection is made and ports are unshut. I also tried enabling T1 0/1 and 0/2 for the same connection to PBX but same scenario (using straight-through). I am not 100% sure whether a cross-over cable is used to connect Ad-Tran to PBX.
Please assist here and advise what cable types are used between TA908E and PBX (on every T1 port if it has to different for some reason).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
spence
New Contributor II

Re: Cable type used in TA 908E to connect to PBX

Jump to solution

You need a t1 crossover cable. Just google it and look at the images and it will show you how to create it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
spence
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

You need a t1 crossover cable. Just google it and look at the images and it will show you how to create it.

0 Kudos
jayh
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

The Gen.1 TA9xxe used T1 0/3 and 0/4 only for voice T1 applications and was wired straight-through for PBXs. Gen. 2 and later require a T1 crossover cable when connecting to a PBX (or another Adtran). 

Basically swap the pair on 1/2 with that on 4/5. For 568A cables swap blue/white and green/white on one end. For 568B cables swap blue/white and orange/white on one end.