cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manojkumar305
New Contributor

Dialplan related issues...

WE have a PRI connection to a Cisco CME

When they dial a longdistance number it doesn't dial out - what dial plan should I use.

they are using 91 xxx xxx xxxx from Cisco to dial out. But I have the dial plan in the system as 1-NXX-NXX-XXXX for long distance, what should I change that to?

Should I change it to 9-1-NXX-NXX-XXXX?

Also, what would I have for an international dial plan?

Would I set this up in Voice >> System Setup >> Dial plan?? I have one already set up for international that's not working - 011XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is what i have currently under this.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dialplan related issues...

Hi,

My guess is that you are using the Adtran to convert from a PRI to SIP.

If I am correct then the easiest way to configure this is to allow all traffic to pass and have the Cisco handle all the dial plan rules.

In the GUI go to Voice -> Trunks -> Trunk Groups and select the first trunk.

Next click the + next to "Detailed View - Permit/Restriction Call Templates"

Click "Configure Advanced Templates"

Under "Add Outbound Permit Template" enter $ and click "Add".

You will now see : "$ Low (0)"

Next delete all other Templates.

Do the same for the second trunk.

If you want to configure this from the command line use the following:

voice grouped-trunk VOIP

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

voice grouped-trunk PRI

trunk T02

accept $ cost 0

This will allow all traffic to pass.

If I did not answer your question please respond back with more detail on your setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

manojkumar305,

Are you still having problems with long distance or international calling?  Generally speaking, the PBX should not send the '9' in front of outbound calls.  However, the Adtran unit can strip that digit if necessary using our match and substitute command set.  As far as routing international calls, the configuration example that shows above will make sure that call gets routed outbound.  Please let us know if you are still working on this issue.  We would be glad to help out however we can.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manojkumar305,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David

Hi,

You may also check this video on what dial plan is. It is based on Ozeki Phone System XE and it fairly explains dial plan and VoIP:

http://www.ozekiphone.com/product-information-340.html

BR

Anonymous
Not applicable

manojkumar305,

I would recomend a de si st me and capture one of the calls on the Adtran.  It may not be a problem with the Adtran config at all it could be an issue with the up stream provider not accepting long distance, or a misconfiguartion on their end.  If you want you can scrub the capture  of sensitive data and post it for review.

John Wable