cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email logging

Jump to solution

OK here is one for you. I am setting up logging email but my organization uses Google for their email. I am using this context: logging email receiver-ip mail.google.com with no success. Just wondering if Adtran has come across this before and what was the fix. With Google being so big it is had to track down an mail server ip address. I appreciate all your help in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email logging

Jump to solution

Meyerj66,

Thanks for posting!  Our units do not support SSL or STARTTLS, and as I understand it, Gmail requires those features.  Therefore, we unfortunately do not support sending email logging to a Gmail account.  You will need to find an email server that does not require encryption.  Most businesses have a local SMTP server that can accept the log emails as plain text.

Hope this helps,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Meyerj66,

Thanks for posting!  Our units do not support SSL or STARTTLS, and as I understand it, Gmail requires those features.  Therefore, we unfortunately do not support sending email logging to a Gmail account.  You will need to find an email server that does not require encryption.  Most businesses have a local SMTP server that can accept the log emails as plain text.

Hope this helps,

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM, david <adtran@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Meyerj66,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David