cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottb
New Contributor

Escape key issue in CLI using Putty

Jump to solution

I am working to load a config on a new (to us) Adtran 908.  I connect with an application called Putty.  I use a serial cable (straight thru).  I have the recommended settings for the serial connection.

Putty show the boot up.  However when the Adtran is at the step to press Esc I press the key on my keyboard and nothing happens.  The 5 seconds go and the rest of the start up happens.  I end up at a screen that mentions pressing Enter but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

I have tried other programs (than Putty) and various settings I could guess at in Putty.  Please help!  What is Adtran OS expecting for the Escape key to send?

One other question related to this is when I type exit in Putty it wants to close (like if I want to leave enable mode).  Is there another command for leaving those modes?  We are replacing a failed (DSP died) router but Putty worked to get into it.  I ran into issues leaving elavated modes though so wanted to ask about it too.

Thanks!  Let me know if anything needs clarifying or there are any questions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottb
New Contributor

Re: Escape key issue in CLI using Putty

Jump to solution

The problem was a bad or incorrectly wired serial cable (not sure which).  A new cable and everything was fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scottb
New Contributor

Re: Escape key issue in CLI using Putty

Jump to solution

The problem was a bad or incorrectly wired serial cable (not sure which).  A new cable and everything was fixed.

0 Kudos