cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

FXS Ports on 924e

I have about 130 Adtran 924e's in service currently. There are times when the FXS ports will go into "Disabled" mode, and I'm not sure why this happens. The only way I have found to fix this is to remove power from the unti, effectively killing all voice traffic, for a period of time. After about an hour, plug the unit back in and everything appears to work normally. Is there anyway to remedy this issue without having to shutdown the router for so long?

Here is an example of said situation:

fxs 0/6 is DOWN
  Two-wire Status is: Disabled
  Test Status is INACTIVE
    No Tests
  Impedance is:  600 ohms +2.16uF
  Transmit Gain is:  -3.0dB
  Receive Gain is:  -3.0dB
  Ring voltage is:  50 Vrms
  Signal Mode:  Loop-Start
  Caller ID Format is:  Multiple Data Message Format
  Battery Mode:  Auto
    Currently using :  High

fxs 0/7 is DOWN
  Test Status is INACTIVE
    No Tests

fxs 0/8 is DOWN
  Test Status is INACTIVE
    No Tests

I'm hoping there is another fix for this issue, other than unplugging the unit for an hour. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FXS Ports on 924e

84Mike,

Thanks for posting!  Typically FXS ports get in this state because of a site wiring issue.  FXS ports contain a circuit protection feature that shuts down the port in the case of an electrical short.  This is generally paired with frequent event messages indicating a wiring fault.  If you believe that no physical wiring issue exists, you may need to call 888-423-8726 to open a support queue ticket so that we can assist in troubleshooting.

Things you may want to check would include verifying that the Amphenol cable is firmly seated on the back of the unit.  Also, check for potential issues with the 66 block or other site wiring connections.  We would also check to see if a "shutdown" and "no shutdown" on the interface clears the issue.  Another indication of a wiring issue would be if removing the Amphenol connector for a period of time cleared the issue.

Hope this helps,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FXS Ports on 924e

84Mike,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David