cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Configure DHCP Options Using HEX

Jump to solution

I am trying to configure a DHCP scope option (Option 184" which contains multiple HEX entries.

I need to enter the following HEX string and need to know the proper syntax:  0x1;0x4;0xc0;0xa8;0x5;0xa

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to Configure DHCP Options Using HEX

Jump to solution

This option requires the string to be entered as HEX.  I was able to figure it out and got it to work using the following syntax:

“option 184 hex 0104C0A8050A”

Thanks

David Warren

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Adtran_Dealer,

Thanks for posting!  This may be an issue we need to work over the phone through our regular Technical Support queue.  You can reach us by calling 888-423-8726.  However, since there are multiple hex entries for that option, I would try adding the option as follows.

ip dhcp pool <Pool Name>"

option 184 ascii "0x1;0x4;0xc0;0xa8;0x5;0xa"

Of course, insert your DHCP pool name above.  Please let me know if this works properly or we need to seek additional options.  Please include the device to which this DHCP offer is being sent in any response post.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Adtran_dealer,

I just wanted to check back in with you on this DHCP option.  Were you able to get it working properly using the example command above?

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This option requires the string to be entered as HEX.  I was able to figure it out and got it to work using the following syntax:

“option 184 hex 0104C0A8050A”

Thanks

David Warren

0 Kudos