cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal 3-Digit Extension Dialing?

Jump to solution

I have an Adtran TA924 (1st Gen) working fine behind an Asterisk FreePBX setup. This is to provide a handul of FXS ports. I am able to dial into the endpoints just fine, either from the outside or from internal SIP extensions. From any of these FXS ports I can outdial the outside world just fine as well.

The issue is when trying to dial internal extensions. Any FXS port on the Adtran can be dialed just fine. But if I have an internal SIP extension then I just get a fast busy. All of our SIP extensions are 3-digits, in the range of [1-6]XX. So 100 range, 200 range, etc. all the way through the 600 range. I tried adding 1XX, 2XX, 3XX, 4XX, 5XX, and 6XX in the dial plan as well as in the CoS' advanced permit list. But still no luck.

Any suggestions? The default CoS has extensions defaulting to having 4 digits, not 3 digits. Perhaps that's part of the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Internal 3-Digit Extension Dialing?

Jump to solution

Create a voice grouped-trunk named sip-pbx (or whatever).

Include the trunk pointing to the SIP trunk connected to your Freeswitch.

Accept the extension range for the SIP extensions

Example:

voice grouped-trunk sip-pbx

trunk T02 ​! (or whatever trunk faces the sip PBX)

accept [1-6]XX cost 0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I did issue this command below in the CLI and saved the config. The issue still persists. So for a specific example, I have an analog phone connected to one of the FXS ports. I can outdial to another FXS port at extension 237 just fine. But I get a fast busy trying to outdial extension 117, that's a SIP extension on the Asterisk FreePBX. All of the FXS ports are SIP registered just fine.

voice dial-plan 3 extensions MXX default

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Create a voice grouped-trunk named sip-pbx (or whatever).

Include the trunk pointing to the SIP trunk connected to your Freeswitch.

Accept the extension range for the SIP extensions

Example:

voice grouped-trunk sip-pbx

trunk T02 ​! (or whatever trunk faces the sip PBX)

accept [1-6]XX cost 0

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply! My SIP interface is T01, so I gave this a shot. Below was the outcome. Not sure why the default cost 0 wouldn't take?

TA924#configure terminal

TA924(config)#voice grouped-trunk sip-pbx

TA924(config-SIP-PBX)#trunk T01

TA924(config-SIP-PBX)#accept [1-6]XX cost 0

%Could not set accept number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I fixed it. Just needed to specify the digit pattern as [1,2,3,4,5,6]XX and all is well. Thanks so much!

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

That's odd. You can try it without the cost specified. First generation TA900 devices will only run older firmware but this command has been available for a long time. Do you already have a grouped-trunk including T01? If so delete the new grouped-trunk and just add the accept statement to the existing one.

You could also try entering the ranges one at a time to see if there's another reason that the configuration won't take.

accept 1XX

accept 2XX

...etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I did already have a DEFAULT grouped trunk for T01. Testing out the various outdial scenarios all is working. So I just saved off the config, downloaded a backup copy of it, and am good to go. I haven't really dug into the Adtrans since an older Atlas 550 we had here between 2001 and 2010. Was a little rusty. The web GUI had me spoiled, and I thought I had things configured in there for the dial plan and permissions. But the CLI did the trick. Appreciate the help!