cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need configuration help - Total Access 924e/2nd Gen

Hello,

I have a 924e 2nd generation that I want to configure as a IAD, I think....I'm still rolling through the documentation and working this on the lab bench.

What I want to do is take a PRI from our carrier (NI-2, B8ZS, ESF) and turn it into SIP trunks to the PBX on the local LAN.  The SIP trunks will be G711 codec, and registration/no registration doesn't matter, the PBX can do both.

Help is appreciated, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need configuration help - Total Access 924e/2nd Gen

Hello and thanks for posting to our forum.

We have a sample SIP to PRI config but it is set up as SIP WAN to PRI LAN.  It sounds like you are doing PRI WAN to SIP LAN.  The config guide we have should provide a nice framework for you to get started:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-3404

The change you will need to make is on the PRI interface.  When you configure the PRI interface, use role user.  When you connect the PRI to a carrier PRI you need to use role user and when you connect to a PBX you need to use role network (default). 

Another thing worth noting is that you may want to consider using a small CSU/DSU in between the TA 900 and the PRI.  This CSU/DSU will provide protection to the TA 900 in the event of lightning or a line surge on the T1.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any example configurations of a completed system that hosts a PRI WAN and delivers service via SIP to the local LAN? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do not have any specific WAN PRI configs but maybe someone else on the forum does.  Config-wse the NET/USER option on the PRI is the only real difference between a WAN PRI and LAN PRI application. 

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw this thread and there may be some useful config info in here that you can use:  https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/8333#8333

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Geoff