cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bama
New Contributor

Not enough space on flash to perform TFTP upload.

I've got a 2nd Gen TA908E running T900E2A-R10-8-0-E.biz.   When I try and upload a newer AOS to the box I get the message 'Not enough space on flash to perform TFTP upload."    The flash on the box is not full.

lab.908e.vrrp02#dir flash

(dir)      1024 coeff

1866 startup-config

8210 startup-config.bak

14263361 T900E2A-R10-8-0-E.biz

(dir)      1024 Tones

31769055 bytes used, 0 available, 31769055 total

lab.908e.vrrp02#

Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bama
New Contributor

Re: Not enough space on flash to perform TFTP upload.

Am I the first to ever encounter this error?

stunorman
New Contributor II

I guess I would start with erasing T900E2A-R10-8-0-E.biz and startup-config.bak, then trying again.

atuke
New Contributor

You must delete the current firmware so you can install the new firmware.

bama
New Contributor

That's not true.  The 2nd Generation TA900E routers have enough room to load two images at the same time.   We have hundreds of 2nd Gen TA900s and T900Es in the wild that have two images.   This router is reporting that it's flash is 100% full when it is not.

I have seen this before. We work with 900s every day, so see just about every weird glitch. Try the command "erase file-system" this will format your flash, therefore totally deleting anything in flash, including firmware. You will then need to transfer both firmware versions you want from bootstrap mode.

If you do this and are still unable to transfer more than one version of firmware, you likely have bad flash. If still under warranty, get your equipment RMA'd.