cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregh
New Contributor III

PRI Failure Signal to SIP Trunk

Jump to solution

Anyone know of a way to automatically shutdown a SIP Trunk when the PRI goes down on a 908e?

This would be a failover scenario where a PRI failure brings down the SIP trunk so that the SIP server could reroute calls.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PRI Failure Signal to SIP Trunk

Jump to solution

With most SIP servers you should be able to route advance on failure.

The TA908e sends back a 5XX error when the PRI goes down.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
gregh
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

A different but related way of asking the question:

Is there a mechanism within the 908 that sends a SIP message to the SIP server upon loss of PRI connectivity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

With most SIP servers you should be able to route advance on failure.

The TA908e sends back a 5XX error when the PRI goes down.

0 Kudos
gregh
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks unified, that's what I was looking for.

I assumed that the 908 would send some sort of message on a PRI failure but could not find definitive documentation as to what that message would be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Greg,

I will add to what unified said.  If you do not like the SIP message being sent back to the sip server when the PRI is down, you can change the cause codes.  In the CLI, the command looks like this:

voice cause-code-map from-pri <pri cause code> <sip message>

For example, if you were getting isdn cause code 27 (destination out of order) and the ADTRAN was sending a 502 BAD GATEWAY, you could change that if you wanted:

voice cause-code-map from-pri 27 <sip message>

Regards,

Geoff

gregh
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks Geoff,

That's awesome information. I had now idea that we had that level of control. Not sure I would want to make those types of changes but good to know we have the option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Geoff that is definetly good information and I am adding it to my list of useful Adtran commands.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Geoff,

Is there a list anywhere of the 127 cause codes?

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Answering my own question.  I found it at the following website: ISDN Cause Codes

This site has the PRI to SIP default mappings at least for Dialogic devices Cause Code Mappings - ISUP to SIP can anyone verify if these mapping match Adtran Mappings?

Message was edited by: jwable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello John,

If you do a show run voice verbose, you can see the SIP to PRI and PRI to SIP cause codes mappings in the ADTRAN.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Geoff,

Thanks.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Just to add one more thing to this conversation, the specific cause code for a PRI interface being down is 41. The ADTRAN by default responds with a "503 Service Unavailable" if the PRI interface is down. If you would like for the ADTRAN unit to respond with something else, you can change the cause code map "from-pri" for cause code 41. For example, if you wanted the ADTRAN to send a "500 Server Internal Error" instead of "503 Service Unavailable", you would add the following configuration: voice cause-code-map from-pri 41 500