cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan27
New Contributor

Pika to SIP Gateway

Hello.  I'm totally new to these boxes but I was told I would be able to hook them into our old Pika Montecarlo cards so I can use our legacy applications with VoIP providers.  I've read around the documentation about the SIP to PRI, but haven't had any success.  What I basically need to do is configure 2 PRIs for each box that will send calls down a SIP trunk as well as take calls from a different SIP trunk and send the calls down the PRI.  The PRI would be connected directly to my Pika card (do I need a crossover for this?  I've tried it both ways with my configs and neither has worked so far) and the outbound SIP calls will use a proxy (OpenSIPs).  I play to have the box on a public IP, so no NAT is needed.  I'm hoping to limit access by ACL.

Any suggestions or documentation you can direct me to for this type of config?

Thanks,

Dan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pika to SIP Gateway

Dan, can you reply with the config as you have it now so I can get a better idea of what you were attempting and where you might be going wrong? Thanks

Jay

dan27
New Contributor

Certainly. See Attached.

I've followed a few documents and a video I found, but the PRI to my Pika card never comes up. We have PRIs from carriers here, and they do come up although I never set up the VoIP part nor did I do any test calls. But the Pika PRIs don't come up at all.

Thanks,

Dan

dan@lifecorp.com

817-273-5565

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan, if the PRI isn't coming up at all, there's something more basic that's being missed. The config for the T1 aspect looks correct assuming it's a full T1 and that the switch types and roles are set to match your PBX. I would suggest opening a ticket with support so you can get someone on the phone for a little more detail and back and forth on your existing setup. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

Maybe it's not needed on code that old but I do not see "timing-source" command in your config which could prevent the T1 from coming up.  You also do not have any accept statements in your grouped-trunk PRI. 

Timing source should be something similar to the following:

!

timing-source t1 0/3

!

timing-source internal secondary

!

Grouped-Trunk PRI Should have accept statements for calls you want to allow into that trunk.  I list the customer DIDs to help control fraudulent calls replace MXX-XXXX below with actual numbers.

voice grouped-trunk PRI

trunk T02

accept MXX-XXXX cost 0

John Wable