cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pings being sent out

Jump to solution

When I do a debug ip icmp send on my TA908E, I'm seeing these messages. What is causing this?

ICMP SEND: From (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Type=3 Code=13 Length=44 Details:communication administratively prohibited

ICMP SEND: From (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) to (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) Type=3 Code=13 Length=44 Details:communication administratively prohibited

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pings being sent out

Jump to solution

Hello.

Thank you for your question.

Code 13 in the debug specifies that a router cannot forward a packet due to administrative filtering.  It appears that an access-group could be blocking traffic.  The icmp message is a generated in response to the blocked traffic.

Let me know if you would like me to take a look at your configuration.  You will want to remove any information in your configuration which may be sensitive to your company's network.

Geoff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello.

Thank you for your question.

Code 13 in the debug specifies that a router cannot forward a packet due to administrative filtering.  It appears that an access-group could be blocking traffic.  The icmp message is a generated in response to the blocked traffic.

Let me know if you would like me to take a look at your configuration.  You will want to remove any information in your configuration which may be sensitive to your company's network.

Geoff

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I marked this question as "assumed answered," but please feel free to reply if you have further questions on this topic.

Thanks,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sorry for not getting back. Yes, this was the response from the Adtran letting me know there was an access list blocking the IP. Thank you for the answer.