cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SIP to PRI

Jump to solution

I have a SIP circuit from a provider terminated in a 924e from Adtran. I will try my best to explain the situation/problem.

T1 0/1 has provider SIP circuit

T1 0/3 has PRI to my fax server

T1 0/4 has PRI to my PBX

I cannot call my fax server from the PBX. Is there a way for the router to send calls from PRI to PRI without trying to go out thru the SIP circuit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SIP to PRI

Jump to solution

84mike,

Thanks for posting!  Routing the call directly between TDM interfaces is not a supported configuration for this product.  All calls from the TA900 series should involve a SIP server.  However, based on the configuration of the SIP server (softswitch), the call may be "hairpinned" such that no RTP would need to sent or received on the Adtran unit. 

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can use SABR: https://supportforums.adtran.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1862-102-2-1978/Source%20and%20ANI%20Based%20Routing%20in%20AOS%20Voice%20Products.pdf

Here is an example :

voice trunk-list Fax

trunk T02

voice trunk-list PRI

trunk T01

voice trunk-list SIP

trunk T03

voice grouped-trunk PriTG

trunk T01

accept $ cost 0

permit list Fax

permit list SIP

! allows Fax to PRI and SIP to PRI

voice grouped-trunk SipTG

trunk T03

accept $ cost 0

permit list PRI

! allows PRI to SIP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

84mike,

Thanks for posting!  Routing the call directly between TDM interfaces is not a supported configuration for this product.  All calls from the TA900 series should involve a SIP server.  However, based on the configuration of the SIP server (softswitch), the call may be "hairpinned" such that no RTP would need to sent or received on the Adtran unit. 

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos