cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TA 900 Local SIP Server

Jump to solution

Hello. I see a local sip server option on these devices. Can someone point me to documentation that details this feature? I am wondering if it is possible to register IP phones or atas directly to a 900 series and not have to use a separate server.

Thank You.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA 900 Local SIP Server

Jump to solution

I was able to register a phone to the TA904 using the config below.

Once registered I was able to route calls out through the PRI or SIP Trunk

voice user 3000

connect sip

first-name "Test"

last-name "Account"

password "1234"

sip-identity 3000 T01

sip-authentication password "securepassword"

codec-group CodecGroup1

ip sip authenticate

ip sip registrar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Using the TA 900 series as a registrar is not a supported application.  These devices are only designed and tested to Proxy SIP end points to a registrar or act as a TDM gateway for SIP to PRI or analog.  You may may seeing the configuration options for feature mode local or remote.  This really pertains to analog phones and whether the device interprets or forwards for analog ports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was able to register a phone to the TA904 using the config below.

Once registered I was able to route calls out through the PRI or SIP Trunk

voice user 3000

connect sip

first-name "Test"

last-name "Account"

password "1234"

sip-identity 3000 T01

sip-authentication password "securepassword"

codec-group CodecGroup1

ip sip authenticate

ip sip registrar

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes you can configure it but it is still not a supported or tested application and should not be configured in such a manner.  There are cases where a SIP user account is supported, specifically for remote phones using media anchoring in the SBC feature pack. The TA 900 is not designed or tested to be a registrar, the configuration options are present due to the fact that elements of those commands are required when configuring the unit as a proxy or gateway.  ADTRAN does not support this application and would not be able to provide any support for the device when configured this way.  We do have PBX products to support these types of applications and would more than happy to discuss any application details and provide a supported solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

mtharris,

Thank you for clarifying that.

Quick question: One of the features of the SBC feature pack is VoIP Survivability, doesn't that feature allow for the registrations of SIP endpoints?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The TA 900 was designed with a SIP Proxy engine to provide survivability for IP Endpoints.  The SBC feature pack is not required for this functionality, this is a basic function of the unit.  When using SIP proxy user accounts are not created in the TA 900, rather we monitor SIP registration traffic and store that in a DB to allow us to respond to the endpoints in the event the upstream feature server is down.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt