cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdegroat
New Contributor

Voice User / Out of order packet issue

Jump to solution

I have a strange voice quality issue off an AdTran 924e 2nd Gen running OS ADTRAN, Inc. OS version A4.09.00.E.  We have replaced the device to rule out the issue, however it still occurs.  All transport has been tested clean to the customer site.  Currently, one voice user on all inbound calls, has a static/robotic sound, while the voice quality stats show Out of Order packets incrementing by the hundreds.  On outbound calls on the same line, the call stays clean for exactly 1 minute 30 seconds, before there is a click, which starts the robotic/static sounding audio, and then starts the incrementing of the out of order packets.  This only occurs on one voice user.  The issue also follows the voice user and not the fxs port as I remapped it to a spare port and the issue followed.  Anyone have any ideas on what could cause such a strange issue?

Below is an output of voice quality stats with the issue occuring:

Start                                        Out of  Discard   Delay  

ID       Time     From       To         Length Codec  Order    Pkts*  Avg   Max

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2        3:40 PM  914xxxxxxx 18666xxxxxxx 27:13  G711u  2       0       50    50

21       4:06 PM  914xxxxxxx 1516xxxxxxx 1:36   G711u  541     0       54    100

22       4:06 PM  914xxxxxxx 1800xxxxxxx 1:13   G711u  0       0       50    50

Thanks,

Chris

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdegroat
New Contributor

Re: Voice User / Out of order packet issue

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved.  This turned out to be a media profile type set incorrectly in our VoIP switch.  Thanks for the replies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello,

When you say "one voice user" is that a device registered to the Total Access?

Please explain "outbound calls on the same line".

How are you connecting to the PSTN?

If possible send a basic network diagram.

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello,

I came across this post and wondered if you still needed assistance.  Please let me know if you do and we can work on this.

Regards,

Geoff

cdegroat
New Contributor

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved.  This turned out to be a media profile type set incorrectly in our VoIP switch.  Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos