Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduling Works and Report Information

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

How you doing!?, hope you're doing well, I'm writing you again for a topic of my N-Command server, in particularly I'd identified two situations:

1. Issue with the schedule of jobs. For this part I don't know why the N-command it's not very accurated with the time when I schedule a work for start inmediately, sometimes it get stuck on the "Pendant" state but it never start to do it. Same happens when I schedule for an specific time (Mexico General).

2. I set up values about an SMTP server for the N-Command to send me reports to my e-mail account but I don't receive anything, I'm selecting the options of send e-mail on Completion, On First Error, On Completion with errors, and detailed log, but it doesn't work. In the online help only describes this:

Connection Settings

The Connection Settings selection of the Settings menu provides a quick view of the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) settings. From this dialog box, you can view the Sending User, Host, and Port settings of the n-Command® Server. Changes can also be made to any of these settings by editing the information in the provided fields and selecting Save.

But it doesn't says anything else, so for first I created an account on my e-mail server, I set my smtp server address and the port (25) as default.

I don't know if i need to activate anything else here!?

Would you help me here!? BTW has access to my server in case that you need to review something.

Thanks a bunch!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scheduling Works and Report Information

Jump to solution

dcorrea:

Unfortunately, the only way to determine if the SMTP traffic is being sent from the ADTRAN to the server is to get a packet capture on the network.  If you get this capture, I will be happy to review it with you.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dcorrea:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.

1. The behavior you mentioned is expected.  The jobs do not start until the device checks in; therefore, depending when the next scheduled check in is, there may be some delay.  If you would like the job to perform immediately, you will need to click the "force checkin" button.

2. This might be an issue with the SMTP server.  Have you verified you can send emails from that account, and it accepts traffic from the n-Command MSP server?

Please, let me know when you get a chance, so I can assist you further.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dear Levi,

Thanks for the help on this, I understand the point number one, that clears the picture for me, i will try with the force check-in option.

About the SMTP server is fully operational because that is my enterprise SMTP server, in fact i created the account ncommand@webrainstudio.com for the purposes if testing it but it doesn't work. If you have any other idea on this I will appreciate it a lot.

We keep in touch!,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dcorrea:

Unfortunately, the only way to determine if the SMTP traffic is being sent from the ADTRAN to the server is to get a packet capture on the network.  If you get this capture, I will be happy to review it with you.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dear Levi,

Thanks for the feedback here, i will do it on weekend!

We keep in touch!,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and marked this post as "assumed answered".  Feel free to mark any correct or helpful answers from this post.  If you still need assistance with this issue I would be more than happy to help, just let me know in a reply.

Levi