cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Polycom 650 with 3 expansion modules

Jump to solution

Customer has a status group with the 3 schedules buttons “default, night and lunch” along with 29 users.  This is the max of 32.

Issue is we tried to add in IP phone configs speed dials for 8 more users but randomly only 3 of the 8 show up.

Is the 32 status limit also applied to set speed dials if they are users on the system?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Polycom 650 with 3 expansion modules

Jump to solution

Brian,

It looks like the result of this issue was the speed dials being duplicate numbers in the system directory, which the Polycom phone cannot allow.  The work around was to prepend the internal speed dial numbers with a 9 that will be stripped by the 7100.  I went ahead and marked this thread as "Assumed Answered".  Please come back and mark the Correct Answer or feel free to follow up with any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian,

Thanks for posting this to the Support Community.  We have tried to recreate this and it seemed to work correctly.  For us to troubleshoot further we would need the NetVanta 7100 configuration and all of the phone configuration files for this phone including the mac-directory.xml file uploaded to the FTP server.  It would be best just to make a .zip containing all of these files.

Open Internet Explorer web browser
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press Alt, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

If you place files on the FTP server I will need to know the file names in order to retrieve them. 

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Matt,

Fyi the tech opened a case so do we want them to run with this?

Message was edited by: matt - removed personal contact information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian,

Yes that would be best.  Please reply to this thread with the result so others can benefit from the solution once it is identified.

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian,

It looks like the result of this issue was the speed dials being duplicate numbers in the system directory, which the Polycom phone cannot allow.  The work around was to prepend the internal speed dial numbers with a 9 that will be stripped by the 7100.  I went ahead and marked this thread as "Assumed Answered".  Please come back and mark the Correct Answer or feel free to follow up with any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt

rudi
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Matt: Yes this resolution did take care our problem with Polycom phone.  You prepend your internal speed dial extention with a leading "9" (94032 instead of 4032 as an example). Adtran 7100 will strip the 9 via the dialing plan. Polycom phones looks at the contact list of the  IPGlobal Directory and see a duplicate number.

Rudi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Hi Matt,

I faced this issue before in my Polycom 650 phone and I opened a thread for it , and I followed your suggestion of adding 9 before the speed dial extension and it worked fine, but after upgrading my NV7100 to version R11.2.0.E , it seems that the NV7100 no longer accept the adding of 9 before the extension number as it forward any call to an extension with 9 before it to the configured trunk accounts , and this did not happened before in my older version R10.3.1.E , and in the page of Dial Plan it lists that : Endpoint already configured on the system with extension start with trunk access code will conflict as shown in the below figure:

So do you have any other suggestion regarding this point

Untitled.png