cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Atlas 550 interfacing Central Station receiver to a PRI

Jump to solution

We have an Atlas 550 connected to a PRI for our security and fire alarm communications. The Atlass has Analog ports installed and plugs in to our DSC System III receiver. We are using 9 analog ports. My question is why does it take the Atlas 9 seconds to connect inbound calls to my receiver (you never hear any rings either)?  On my voice traffic (PRI) as well the inbound calls are connected within 2 seconds. (of course my phone system is managing that connection)  How can I get my answer time similar to my voice traffic?

Thanks for any advice!    Jerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Atlas 550 interfacing Central Station receiver to a PRI

Jump to solution

It sounds like you are using the “rabbit-hole” configuration (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1395) in the ATLAS in order to send ANI/DNIS information to the alarm receiver as DTMF tones. With this setup the dialing party will not hear ring-back, because ring-back isn’t played by the ATLAS until after it receives a WINK on the RBS T1, and the WINK isn’t received until after the FXS port is answered. Therefore ring-back isn’t played until after the call is answered, so there is no ring-back.

As for the delay, there shouldn’t be a significant delay between the ATLAS receiving the call on the PRI and sending the call out the RBS T1 to the FXS port and the alarm receiver. The only delay would be how quickly the alarm receiver answers the call. If the alarm receiver answers after the second ring (with a ring cadence of a 2 second ring, with 4 seconds between rings) then you can expect the calling party to hear 8-10 seconds of silence before the alarm receiver answers (because there is no ring-back).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

For outbound calls the most common cause of delay is the number dialed not matching the digits in the Number Complete Templates in Dial Plan/Global Parameters.  If the format of the number matches it should go through pretty quickly but if it doesn't match it will wait the End Of Number Timeout before sending the digits.  This defaults to 16 seconds but can be lowered.  I would recommend starting with the Number Complete Templates and verifying that what you are dialing matches a template in there.  If it doesn't, you can add a template for the numbers you use by moving the cursor to the number line and hitting 'i'.  X represents 0-9 and N represents 2-9.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am sorry, I didn't specify that these are all inbound calls that take 9 seconds to reach my alarm receiver.

Jerry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It sounds like you are using the “rabbit-hole” configuration (https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-1395) in the ATLAS in order to send ANI/DNIS information to the alarm receiver as DTMF tones. With this setup the dialing party will not hear ring-back, because ring-back isn’t played by the ATLAS until after it receives a WINK on the RBS T1, and the WINK isn’t received until after the FXS port is answered. Therefore ring-back isn’t played until after the call is answered, so there is no ring-back.

As for the delay, there shouldn’t be a significant delay between the ATLAS receiving the call on the PRI and sending the call out the RBS T1 to the FXS port and the alarm receiver. The only delay would be how quickly the alarm receiver answers the call. If the alarm receiver answers after the second ring (with a ring cadence of a 2 second ring, with 4 seconds between rings) then you can expect the calling party to hear 8-10 seconds of silence before the alarm receiver answers (because there is no ring-back).

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We haven't heard any additional comments so we are going to mark the original message as "assumed answered." If this is incorrect then please contact us with any additional information or questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, this information was very useful!  Jerry

lparent
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

working with a SystemIII receiver here and having some questions for you!

Let me know!

thanks!