cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rivanstudents
New Contributor

adtran atlas 550 T1 RBS

I have enable DID, transferring 4 DIGITS.

I also enable the ANI CALLER ID

but it does not forward CALLER ID

btw. this is connected in cisco router

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: adtran atlas 550 T1 RBS

First of all, the ANI TO CALLER ID will send FSK caller ID between the 1st and 2nd ring. Do you want FSK caller ID?

This is caller ID between the 1st and 2nd ring like you receive on your home phone.

Or do you want the ANI out-pulsed as DTMF tones along with the DID digits?

I set up what you described on an ATLAS in the lab, and received the ANI after the 1st ring, and then when I answered the call, heard the DTMF DID digits... So it should work.

What Firmware are you running on your ATLAS?

Thanks,

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just thought of something... where is the Caller ID originating, and how does the ATLAS receive it before sending it to the Cisco? The ATLAS does not have any FSK receivers, so if it comes into the ATLAS on an RBS T1 it will not pass that out another RBS T1.

sample.png

When I dial 5007000 from the analog 8001000

I hear one(1) ring then busy signal.

5007000 have a DID enable, 4digits will be forward.

so the IP PHONE 7000 must ring.

When I debug Cisco Router using the command  "debug voip dialpeer"

I can see the call going in, but the problem is, there is no number in CALLED NUMBER.

I can see the CALLING NUMBER which is 8001000.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah. It sounds like you are doing LOOP START signaling on the RBS T1. With Loop Start, the DID digits are not sent until after the call is answered. It sounds like the Cisco needs the DID digits before answering the call, in order to route it to the IP Phone. This will not happen with Loop Start signaling. As I said, the DID digits are not sent until the call is answered. That is how loop start works and there is no way around it.

If the Cisco supports E&M Wink signaling, then the DID digits are sent after the WINK, and the call can then be routed and answered by the IP Phone. However, with E&M Wink there is no caller ID information sent - only the DID digits. There is also Feature Group D signaling, which uses the E&M Wink signaling status but the digits transmitted are in the format of *ANI*DNIS* (where ANI is the calling part number and DNIS is the called party number).

So if the Cisco needs the DID digits before the call is answered, then E&M Wink or Feature Group D are your only two options.

Yes, I'm doing it using LOOP START. I will try to simulate this again after my vacation.

Thank you very much for immediate response.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

For better all-around performance at the cost of one call path, consider using PRI between the Cisco and the Atlas instead of RBS. Far shorter post-dial delay and caller-ID will just work.