cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
then00bbuilder
New Contributor

AP has weird flashing lights, need factory reset?

Hi, I am dealing with 3 BSAP2020 APs and Express Cloud. When plugged in, 2 get a solid middle light that changes to orange for a few seconds every minute or so, and a constantly flashing right light. The other just has a solid middle light and a fast flashing right orange light and is not seen in the DHCP tables. The SSH information is also unknown on these APs, and I cannot figure out how to factory reset them. No idea why Adtran is so secret with the instructions on how to do this seemingly basic troubleshooting step...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AP has weird flashing lights, need factory reset?

Thanks for the fast response! I already went through a lot of those steps, and my light patterns are not mentioned in the quick start guide. One thing I haven't tried is opening those ports, but I don't think I need to according to the quick start guide which just mentions a plug-in and go scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Zero touch" configuration assumes your network administrator already did the upfront work to verify the network was ready for the APs (ie. the APs don't have anything like UPnP which punches holes in your firewall automatically). You still need to verify that no firewalls are blocking those ports.

In either case, if you have an active service contract covering your APs, then you may want to open a support ticket directly with ADTRAN Product Support. Given that the LEDs do not match any of the defined sequences in the Bluesocket 2020 Series Quick Start Guide, it's possible there is something else wrong with this AP on a much lower level than you are going to be able to solve via the Support Community.