cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amplified speaker for 712 phone

12_phone speakerI have a customer with an Netvanta 7100 and a 712 phone that they use as a

conference type phone.  I am trying to find out if there is some way I can

connect an external speaker (amplified) to produce a louder conference.  The mic

is fine but many around the table cannot hear the incoming callers over the

speaker on the 712. Any ideas or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Amplified speaker for 712 phone

While it is certainly possible to open the phone and solder wires from the speaker to an external amplifier I would recommend against it. 

High-quality speakerphones are a combination of electronic, acoustic, and mechanical engineering working together.  One of the key features of good performance is the reduction of coupling from the far-end caller back into the microphone(s).  An external amplifier and speaker will drastically alter the phase, direction, and level of the far-end caller as received by the microphone of the speakerphone, resulting in echo, feedback, and generally bad performance.

Spend the bucks for a well-designed conference room phone such as the Polycom Soundstation 5000 or similar. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amplified speaker for 712 phone

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.