cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregation link with Netgear switch / giga port errors

Jump to solution

I am having issues with voip calls missing audio, and while investigating it I found the following in the log files:

2013.03.27 09:00:35 ETHERNET_INTERFACE.giga-swx 0/2 is no longer compatible with giga-swx 0/1 and will be suspended

2013.03.27 09:00:53 ETHERNET_INTERFACE.giga-swx 0/2 is no longer compatible with giga-swx 0/1 and will be suspended

2013.03.27 09:06:04 ETHERNET_INTERFACE.giga-swx 0/2 is no longer compatible with giga-swx 0/1 and will be suspended

2013.03.27 09:08:47 ETHERNET_INTERFACE.giga-swx 0/2 is no longer compatible with giga-swx 0/1 and will be suspended

...... it just keeps going

and it is happening very often. This is a 1234 PoE and I have a aggregation link with the Netgear with two fiber ports. What is this error and could it be causing issues with lost rtp traffic and what can I do to fix it? It is running 17.09.01.00 but I am planning on upgrading it. Thanks! - Jere

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aggregation link with Netgear switch / giga port errors

Jump to solution

I ended up just replacing the Netgear with a Adtan and that solved the issues. - Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

That particular error message occurs when a port that is part of a port-channel goes down (i.e., unplugging cable). So it is very possible that gig-swx 0/2 is bouncing or being disconnected for whatever reason and is resulting in lost RTP traffic.

Does the Netgear show any evidence of that particular link going down? Could you post the output to "show interface gig 0/2" for us to review?

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I remember looking at the stats and there are no errors. I have reset the switch so the stats are lost. Also for the life of me I cannot get that netgear to talk to my 1335 correctly. I have the link to my 1234 that is having issues, but I setup the netgear and 1335 exactly the same as the 1234 but it looses packets and connections randomly. I have decided instead of trying to get this to work, I am going to buy a Adtran to replace the netgear and that will solve the issue. - Jeremy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I ended up just replacing the Netgear with a Adtan and that solved the issues. - Jeremy

0 Kudos