cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dupacoccu
New Contributor

High CPU Usage for task PC Config

Jump to solution

We have a 1544 that is frequently spiking 90%+ CPU for sustained (3-5 minutes) periods.  The offending task is always "PC Config".  I've not been able to find information regarding this process.  Could anyone lend some insight and troubleshooting ideas?

This router is one of two core routers for a network with 16 subnets and approximately 1000 devices.  We use VoIP, but the rest of our data movements are pretty small, no HD video or high resolution graphics.

I've attached a config, which you'll see is pretty simple and straighforward.

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dupacoccu
New Contributor

Re: High CPU Usage for task PC Config

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion.  It appears that the 1544 doesn't have the Rapid Route feature, or at least my AOS feature set/version doesn't.  However, I believe we have found the issue.  While analyzing the pattern of spiking, it lined up with the polling cycle of our Orion system.  This device was setup in Orion to map topology as well as stats.  When we turned off the topology polling, the issue went away and did not resurface all day today.  I've been around too long to say this was definitely the cause, but if we get through another day I will call it good.  Take care, Steve.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Try enabling Rapid Route on the interfaces:

ip ffe

dupacoccu
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the suggestion.  It appears that the 1544 doesn't have the Rapid Route feature, or at least my AOS feature set/version doesn't.  However, I believe we have found the issue.  While analyzing the pattern of spiking, it lined up with the polling cycle of our Orion system.  This device was setup in Orion to map topology as well as stats.  When we turned off the topology polling, the issue went away and did not resurface all day today.  I've been around too long to say this was definitely the cause, but if we get through another day I will call it good.  Take care, Steve.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor