cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enobeno
New Contributor

3430 stats

Jump to solution

I need to find out the amp draw and BTU for a running basic 3430. I could only find the a document stating the watts would be 25.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: 3430 stats

Jump to solution

Current drawn depends on voltage.  Watts are voltage * current.

So, take your 25 watts, divide by supply voltage.

• at 120VAC supply - 0.208 amps
  • at 208VAC supply - 0.120 amps
  • at 240VAC supply - 0.104 amps

This is a slight approximation as the power factor may not be exactly 1 but close enough. 

Watts convert to BTU/hour, not directly to BTU.  One watt is approximately 3.412 BTU/hour so 25 watts is 85.3 BTU/hour.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Current drawn depends on voltage.  Watts are voltage * current.

So, take your 25 watts, divide by supply voltage.

• at 120VAC supply - 0.208 amps
  • at 208VAC supply - 0.120 amps
  • at 240VAC supply - 0.104 amps

This is a slight approximation as the power factor may not be exactly 1 but close enough. 

Watts convert to BTU/hour, not directly to BTU.  One watt is approximately 3.412 BTU/hour so 25 watts is 85.3 BTU/hour.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor