cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimvad
New Contributor II

Add New VPN - Netvanta 3448

Jump to solution

I'm new to Adtran and need help adding a VPN to our Netvanta 3448.

I'm logged in but see absolutely nowhere to even view the old VPNs, much less add a new one.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add New VPN - Netvanta 3448

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the screenshot.  There should be navigation settings on the left "blue" menu.  Have you tried a different web browser?  You can always configure the unit via the command line (the previously linked guides explain how to configure the unit via the web interface or the command line).  If you use a different browser, and that doesn't correct the display issue, and you do not want to use the command line, then I would suggest rebooting the ADTRAN unit, when you have the opportunity.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jimvad
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I don't know why i didn't think about the browser.  Thanks so much Levi!  I used Google Chrome and that worked perfectly!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  I will be happy to assist you, but I need some additional information.  Does the ADTRAN unit already have VPNs configured and you are going to add additional VPNs?  Are you using the web interface to configure the units?  If the unit does not have any VPNs currently configured, you should verify that the ADTRAN unit is capable of VPNs.  You can determine that from the following post: 

Typically, most people use the VPN Wizard in the web interface to add new VPNs.  You gave navigate to the following:  Data > VPN > VPN Wizard

For additional reference, here is a guide on how to Configure Main Mode VPN in AOS (VPN when both sides have static IP addresses).  Here is a guide on how to Configure Aggressive Mode VPN in AOS (VPN when one side has dynamic/changing IP addresses).

Please, let me know what questions you have.  I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

jimvad
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Levi.

This unit already has VPNs setup; I'm just adding a new one.  However when i logon via the web interface, I don't see any wizards or even the Data link you referred to in your post.  There are three sections on the page I land on after logging in:

System Information

Ethernet Summary

Port Summary

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

The information you are referring to is what shows up when you have selected "System Summary" on the left side menu under the "System" setting.  The left menu structure should be similar to:  System - Data - Monitoring - Utilities.  You will need to click the "+" beside "Data" and then navigate under the "Data" sub-menu to VPN > VPN Wizard.  Then when you click on "VPN Wizard" on the left menu, it will load it on your screen.

I hope that helps, but let me know if I am missing something.

Levi

jimvad
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Levi,

Unfortunately I didn't select anything; that is just the page I get to when I logon.

There are no menus on the left side.

Any other ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

On the "System Summary" page that is loaded by default, what does the "Firmware Version" say, and what is at the top of the page?  Does it have the ADTRAN model, as well as a "Save" and "Logout" button?  Can you attach a screenshot of what you see?  Have you tried to use a different web browser?

Levi

jimvad
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Here is the screenshot (meant to add that to my last post):

adtran.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for replying with the screenshot.  There should be navigation settings on the left "blue" menu.  Have you tried a different web browser?  You can always configure the unit via the command line (the previously linked guides explain how to configure the unit via the web interface or the command line).  If you use a different browser, and that doesn't correct the display issue, and you do not want to use the command line, then I would suggest rebooting the ADTRAN unit, when you have the opportunity.

Levi

0 Kudos
jimvad
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I don't know why i didn't think about the browser.  Thanks so much Levi!  I used Google Chrome and that worked perfectly!!!

0 Kudos