cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garth
New Contributor

Internet Connectivity After REconfigured Netvanta 3430

Jump to solution

My client moved his location and was given a new static IP address from Verizon. I ran the configuration wizard in the GUI and populated it with the new information. I then ran the firewall wizard and all was entered successfully. I rebooted the router and it can't connect to the Internet. If I use the router from Verizon then I connect fine. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Internet Connectivity After REconfigured Netvanta 3430

Jump to solution

There isn't a factory reset on devices with a console port.  You can erase the configuration and start with a clean slate but you'll need to manually add IP addressing on at least one interface and a username and password.  Then you can get to the GUI and wizards, etc.

Details here:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

garth wrote:

My client moved his location and was given a new static IP address from Verizon. I ran the configuration wizard in the GUI and populated it with the new information. I then ran the firewall wizard and all was entered successfully. I rebooted the router and it can't connect to the Internet. If I use the router from Verizon then I connect fine. Any suggestions?

With the 3430 can you ping the IP that Verizon gave you for your IP?

Can you ping the IP that they gave you as a gateway?

Can you ping an IP address such as 4.2.2.2

Can you ping www.google.com? 

Vewrizon should have given you four items:

Static IP address

Netmask

Default gateway

DNS resolver IP (may be more than one)

Post this information and the running configuration of your unit. 

garth
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I have entered all the information they gave me correctly. I replaced the Adtran with the Verizon router and it connected immediately with the same information. With the Adtran connected I could not ping anything.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

garth wrote:

I have entered all the information they gave me correctly. I replaced the Adtran with the Verizon router and it connected immediately with the same information. With the Adtran connected I could not ping anything.

If you could not even ping the local IP of the Adtran itself it sounds like a connection problem on the LAN side.  Is NAT involved?  Does the Adtran 3430 provide DHCP?  Please post the configuration and the results of the ping tests.

garth
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I did not try to ping the local IP of the router but I was logged into the GUI so it's working. It does not provide DHCP. The router is disconnected for now until we have time to troubleshoot. Is there a config file I can use to restore the router to factory settings so that I can then run the wizard on a clean installation?

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

There isn't a factory reset on devices with a console port.  You can erase the configuration and start with a clean slate but you'll need to manually add IP addressing on at least one interface and a username and password.  Then you can get to the GUI and wizards, etc.

Details here:

0 Kudos
garth
New Contributor

Jump to solution

I restored to factory settings, ran wizards, enabled firewall. All is well. Thanks.