cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzantal
New Contributor

Typical installation of 3430 into existing network

Hi all,

We are getting our first adtran 3430 to do SIP management. We have our current network running with voip system already.

The company installing it is asking for the following:

"""

Provide a private IP in the subnet they are currently using that we can assign to the interface facing your PBX. This address that you provide will become the SIP proxy you’ll send all SIP messaging and RTP to. We‘ll also need to know what address we’ll need to configure our SBC to send its SIP messaging and RTP to (aka your PBX address). The IP network or static you are referring to will be transparent to your PBX config.

"""

Here is what I get from that::

So it seems like the 3430 will be sitting behind our router, it will have a static private IP which will be used to connect to the PBX. I will configure the router to do port forwarding to the static IP of the 3430.

Do I understand it correctly? However our pbx will need to have internet connection as well to do updates and be able to receive connections from outside of our network.

Will the 3430 be acting as a router to the pbx? What is a usual installation of adtran 3430 into an existing network to do SIP? Is there a network diagram where this explained?

We haven't received this it yet but I am trying to wrap my head around it. I am not getting much help from them so I am doing my best to get up to speed. 

Thank you for any pointers!

Laszlo

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lzantal
New Contributor

Re: Typical installation of 3430 into existing network

Hi all,

Ok, so I think I figured it out. Adorn 3430 will be sitting in the same network as my pbx. 3430 will have it's own private address lets say 10.0.0.6 and my pbx 10.0.0.5. All my devices on the network will be connecting to the pbx and the pbx will use this internal private IP 10.0.0.6 to connect to voip provider instead of the usual public IP. So all voip will go out on the 4MB line and my data still uses the 30MB line.

Sorry for the noise here, looks like I just needed to type it all out

Draw it all up but I can't insert an image here.

Laszlo