cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royh
New Contributor

intra-NV3448 proxy failover

Jump to solution

I have a NV3448 running R10.9.1.E in SIP transparent proxy mode.  What I would like to set up is if the WAN link or the SIP server fails that calls between the individual phones that are connected to the NV3448 will succeed and calls to other DNs will fail.  I see where I can set this up with a backup link (e.g., FXO) or SIP server, but I am interested where neither of those exist.  This is strictly to allow calls between phones that are connected to the NV3448 to succeed.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: intra-NV3448 proxy failover

Jump to solution

Not to my knowledge in transparent proxy mode.  You may be able to do so in a non-transparent mode where the phones register to the Adtran unit and then to the remote SIP server.  This doesn't scale very well for moves/adds/changes because the SIP credentials for every phone need to be entered on both the Adtran unit and the SIP server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Not to my knowledge in transparent proxy mode.  You may be able to do so in a non-transparent mode where the phones register to the Adtran unit and then to the remote SIP server.  This doesn't scale very well for moves/adds/changes because the SIP credentials for every phone need to be entered on both the Adtran unit and the SIP server.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor