Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

syslogging

Jump to solution

All,

Is there a way to change the syslog server on the Netvanta products instead of using the udp port 514?

Use the tcp and select a different port number the more reliable way for logging purposes?

I find that the syslogd is old and we are starting to setup servers with syslog-ng.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: syslogging

Jump to solution

Not to my knowledge.  You can chose receiver-ip and logging facility, but not the port number.  You could get creative if the syslog receiver is on a different network, and possible NAT the syslog traffic to a different port number.  I've never tried it.  Just trying to think outside the box.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Not to my knowledge.  You can chose receiver-ip and logging facility, but not the port number.  You could get creative if the syslog receiver is on a different network, and possible NAT the syslog traffic to a different port number.  I've never tried it.  Just trying to think outside the box.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos