Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

All Call Paging

Jump to solution

Hello,

Does anyone know if any Adtran products support all call paging? I know they support an overhead paging system with additional hardware.

Thank you ahead of time.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All Call Paging

Jump to solution

Ta5000guy77,

The Netvanta 6355 does not handle these types of features locally.  They would need to be implemented on the softswitch. 

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ta5000guy77,

Thanks for posting!  I may need to get a little more information about the products in use to give a complete answer.  However, many overhead paging systems can work from an FXO port on a Total Access 900 series.  In many cases, no additional hardware would be required.

If you want the Total Access unit to ring several FXS ports at the same time, in what we would call a "ring all" fashion, that feature would need to be implemented on the softswitch.  The Total Access unit would need to receive SIP Invites for all voice users (FXS) that you want to ring.  Once a single user answers the call, the softswitch would then send a SIP Cancel to all the other users.  If I have misunderstood your question, or you would like to clarify what hardware is being implemented, feel free to respond on this thread with those additional details.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello David,

Basically I am working with a school. Their current key system has an all phone page system where a person can dial an access code and then make an announcement to all the phones. I am wondering if the Netvanta 6355 can also do this. I would be having the SIP phones register with the 6355, and then have a SIP trunk to our softswitch.

Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ta5000guy77,

The Netvanta 6355 does not handle these types of features locally.  They would need to be implemented on the softswitch. 

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ta5000guy77,

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

David