cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctheise
New Contributor II

706 phone shows Network LAN link is DOWN

Jump to solution

I have a 706 phone displaying this message  "Network LAN link is DOWN".   Factory reset doesn't clear.  Changing LAN cord and switchport doesn't clear.   How can I troubleshoot further?  Do I need to?  Is phone bad?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 706 phone shows Network LAN link is DOWN

Jump to solution

As vgitechnology implied, this is usually indicative of a wiring issue.  I see you opened up a support ticket for this and the problem ended up being a defective phone that we created an RMA for.  I am going to go ahead and mark this post as assumed answered.  If any responses helped you please mark them as Correct or Helpful with the applicable buttons. 

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

I had this problem the other day on two 712 phones. The problem was in the jack on the wall. The wires in the keystones were loose. I repunched the wires and the phones came up.

ctheise
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reponse.   For clarity, my setup is currently in a lab only.  There are no wall jacks involved; just the phone, the LAN cable and the 7100.   I factory reset the phone, swapped cables, and swapped ports on the 7100.   Phone still shows the same indication.   

ctheise
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Also visually examined the appropriate port on the back of the IP phone for damage; appears normal physically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

As vgitechnology implied, this is usually indicative of a wiring issue.  I see you opened up a support ticket for this and the problem ended up being a defective phone that we created an RMA for.  I am going to go ahead and mark this post as assumed answered.  If any responses helped you please mark them as Correct or Helpful with the applicable buttons. 

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos