cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sschindler
New Contributor

Block Certain Extensions From Outside Calls

Jump to solution

We have an auto attendant setup with dial by extensions enabled. There is one certain voip phone that I do not want to allow external calls to come into via the dial by extension. I still want internal calls to this extension to work fine. How would I go about doing this in the NV7100?

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block Certain Extensions From Outside Calls

Jump to solution

Well Scott, got some bad news.

I thought you could apply a SABR list to a user and I was wrong. So can’t user SABR

Then I thought that you could use FM-FM to blacklist all external callers but the problem is that when a caller hits the AA and the AA transfers the call to the extension, the 7100 now thinks it is an internal call and allows it. If you had a DID on that extension and someone from the outside tried to call it directly, it would be blocked but just not from AA.

So looks like we have no way to restrict “dial-by-extension” calls from the AA.

Sorry for any inconvenience for the misleading information.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Scott,

The 7100 has the ability to remove callers from the Dial-by-Name option via the Auto-attendant, but there is no way to stop someone from transferring to a user’s extension if they know the extension from the Dial-by-extension from the auto-attendant.

The only thing that we could do via SABR (Source ANI Based Routing) is to block all inbound calls from PSTN to that user’s extension, and only allow ext-ext calls to that number. Or if there are particular numbers to don’t want to ring that phone, we can block those also.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

-Mark

Jump to solution

Mark,

We would want to allow ext-ext calls to that number, but no outside calls. Would utilizing SABR affect any of the way my current services are setup?

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Scott,

I can provide the commands for you to do this if you can provide me some information.

What is the trunk number of your PSTN, i.e. T01, T02, and what is the range of your extension like 2000-2999 or all 4 digit extesions or 3 digit.

If you don’t know trunk number then go into CLI and do a show run voice trunk and it will show you.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

And no, it will not affect your current setup.

-Mark

Jump to solution

Our extensions range from 152-399. Everything is 3 digit. Trunk is T01. See attached.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

One more thing, can you do a show run voice grouped-trunk

Need the name of your grouped-trunk

Thanks,

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Opps sorry, I need the extension of the person who you don’t want the AA calls transferred to.

Sorry about that mix up.

Do a show run voice user and then paste the info for that voice user.

Thanks,

-Mark

Jump to solution

Here's that:

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Well Scott, got some bad news.

I thought you could apply a SABR list to a user and I was wrong. So can’t user SABR

Then I thought that you could use FM-FM to blacklist all external callers but the problem is that when a caller hits the AA and the AA transfers the call to the extension, the 7100 now thinks it is an internal call and allows it. If you had a DID on that extension and someone from the outside tried to call it directly, it would be blocked but just not from AA.

So looks like we have no way to restrict “dial-by-extension” calls from the AA.

Sorry for any inconvenience for the misleading information.

-Mark

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wow. Thanks for confirming. Seems like this is a feature the NV7100 needs.