cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rortega
New Contributor III

Caller ID on Call Forwarding

Jump to solution

Just a quick question, I have a client that uses call forwarding quite a bit, for every system mode. I have a schedule set and all is working well, but when calls get forwarded to their cell (external number), the original number no longer shows up on his caller ID (cellular caller ID.) Now it shows the company phone calling his cell, instead of the original number. Client said it used to work well, but now it shows company number instead of original calling number.

As I haven't changed anything in their system recently, is there a setting I should be check for this? Originally I was looking in the dial plan and ANI sections, but if there's another place I should be looking, I'd appreciate the help!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Caller ID on Call Forwarding

Jump to solution

This can depend on several factors.  Here is a document that explains how outbound caller ID is generated for most situations:

The carrier can be trumping any caller ID sent from the NetVanta too, so that may be worth confirming with your provider.  There is also a setting that can alter this with Find Me Follow Me if that feature is being used by this user: Re: Call Forwarding SIP Trunk

If you still have trouble after investigating these, I would be happy to help further but will need to see the current configuration and the output from a debug voice verbose, debug sip stack messages, and debug isdn l2-formatted all enabled at the same time while you create the issue along with the call flow details.  You can submit the configuration and debug output to our FTP server with the instructions below.

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files and any additional details

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Caller ID on Call Forwarding

Jump to solution

This can depend on several factors.  Here is a document that explains how outbound caller ID is generated for most situations:

The carrier can be trumping any caller ID sent from the NetVanta too, so that may be worth confirming with your provider.  There is also a setting that can alter this with Find Me Follow Me if that feature is being used by this user: Re: Call Forwarding SIP Trunk

If you still have trouble after investigating these, I would be happy to help further but will need to see the current configuration and the output from a debug voice verbose, debug sip stack messages, and debug isdn l2-formatted all enabled at the same time while you create the issue along with the call flow details.  You can submit the configuration and debug output to our FTP server with the instructions below.

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files and any additional details

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos