cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quickmobile
New Contributor

Cannot get sip softphone to register

I am trying to set up a sip softphone client on an iPhone for one of our employees. I have configured our NetVanta 7100 for a simple remote phone and have been able to get the phone registered over wifi using the local IP address. When I try to use the WAN address I get this:

15:25:41.103 SIP.USER-REG Refused to process registration request for non-local host.

15:25:41.454 SIP.USER-REG Refused to process registration request for non-local host.

The firewall is disabled on the Adtran system as it is behind a Sophos UTM. I have configured NAT to direct traffic to the phone system. We are running firmware NV7100A-R11-3-0-HA-E.

-Justin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cannot get sip softphone to register

Justin, unfortunately the application in question will not function properly. With a softphone, we require that either the 7100 has a public IP address or the 7100 is behind an ADTRAN SBC. The reason for this restriction is that there are several places in a SIP message where translation has to be done to go from public to private IP addresses and most firewalls won't do that on their own. Thanks