Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank6160
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting 2 7100's

Jump to solution

Getting ready to install 27100's that will be connected with SIP trunks. One site will have PRI that will provide inbound/outbound calling for both systems. Can the default IP addressing be left in place in both systems or should I change one end. They will be using local cable provider for internet/site to site connectivity. I'm sure I will have other questions as I have never done a 2 site set up before. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Connecting 2 7100's

Jump to solution

You will need to change at least one unit to have different IP addresses than the factory default.  This guide serves as a good example for choosing an IP scheme and extension plan for a multo-site setup: NetVanta 7100 & NetVanta 6355 Multi-site Proxy Configuration Guide

Although this is not your specific application, many of these concepts are applicable.  You will not need to use SIP Proxy for your setup, so that part is not applicable to you.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You will need to change at least one unit to have different IP addresses than the factory default.  This guide serves as a good example for choosing an IP scheme and extension plan for a multo-site setup: NetVanta 7100 & NetVanta 6355 Multi-site Proxy Configuration Guide

Although this is not your specific application, many of these concepts are applicable.  You will not need to use SIP Proxy for your setup, so that part is not applicable to you.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Matt.

I'll definately follw that document.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt