Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
globatech_adm
New Contributor III

I wanna save money on long distance call

Jump to solution

Hi,

we have 3 Netvanta 7100 router in three differents cities that are connected by a tunnel. Between each office it work well, my question is if i'm a user in city "A" and i want call a client in city "B" is there a way for my call to go to the tunnel and exit in the router at the city "B" and being view "locally"? Hope i explain my request well, and if  it's possible how do i set this in the netvanta.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I wanna save money on long distance call

Jump to solution

Yes, you can just create sip trunks to each of the 7100s. So each 7100 would have a sip trunk to the other 2 7100s and then in the trunk group settings adv accept templates, you would match on area code calls to those cities, remember that most users are going to be dialing 1 for a long distance call so you would enter 1-770-NXX-XXXX for example, then you would go into the Trunk Account for that site and then strip the 1 at the bottom under DNIS substitution match 1-770-NXX-XXXX and substitute with 770-NXX-XXXX so when it gets to the other 7100 it will appear as a local call.

More info on networking 7100s can be found here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-3455

Hope that helps.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, you can just create sip trunks to each of the 7100s. So each 7100 would have a sip trunk to the other 2 7100s and then in the trunk group settings adv accept templates, you would match on area code calls to those cities, remember that most users are going to be dialing 1 for a long distance call so you would enter 1-770-NXX-XXXX for example, then you would go into the Trunk Account for that site and then strip the 1 at the bottom under DNIS substitution match 1-770-NXX-XXXX and substitute with 770-NXX-XXXX so when it gets to the other 7100 it will appear as a local call.

More info on networking 7100s can be found here:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-3455

Hope that helps.

-Mark

0 Kudos
globatech_adm
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Works!