cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

NV7100 Some extensions not able to dial out

Jump to solution

Hi, first time supporting a NV7100 so try to be kind.

I have a strange issue - a small office with a dozen or so extensions has 3 extensions that, after a reboot of the system last Friday cannot make outbound calls.  The error message is "Call cannot be completed as dialed".  All other extensions work fine - and on the 3 in question we've tried, 9 followed by 7, 10, and 11 digit numbers, most get the same error (some of our dial-trials get a quick busy signal).

The changes I made on Friday were these (an attempt to change outbound caller ID for about half of the extensions):

1. removed ANI substitution

2. removed SIP-identification from all but 1 extension

3. change External Caller ID Number for desired extensions

4. reboot

I'll include the config file, please let me know if you spot anything amiss.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: matt - removed config file with sensitive information

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Re: NV7100 Some extensions not able to dial out

Jump to solution

SOLVED

Ok, after some debugging I realized that the outbound caller id on these 3 phones was the extension number (ex: 358) instead of the override.  I still don't know why it was this way with these extensions and not all of them.  I simply created a catch-all ANI substitution ($) and substituted the main telephone number.  It did the trick.  Then I made it pretty by doing the following:

To make things easy on myself for the future, I've defined sip-id as the extension number and created ANI sub settings for the two telephone numbers we want as outbound IDs.  Here are my 4 ANI sub settings (the catch-all at the end is a great idea, folks):

35[1234] substitutes to main line

35[56789] substitutes to secondary line

36X subs to secondary line

$ subs to main line

I found a lot of help from these sources, in case someone in the future has the same problem:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Re: NV7100 Some extensions not able to dial out

Jump to solution

Wow, left out some major information:  Extensions 356, 358, and 359 are non-working.  All others work as expected.  I tried comparing one user to another and don't find any concrete differences between the working ones and the non-working.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Re: NV7100 Some extensions not able to dial out

Jump to solution

SOLVED

Ok, after some debugging I realized that the outbound caller id on these 3 phones was the extension number (ex: 358) instead of the override.  I still don't know why it was this way with these extensions and not all of them.  I simply created a catch-all ANI substitution ($) and substituted the main telephone number.  It did the trick.  Then I made it pretty by doing the following:

To make things easy on myself for the future, I've defined sip-id as the extension number and created ANI sub settings for the two telephone numbers we want as outbound IDs.  Here are my 4 ANI sub settings (the catch-all at the end is a great idea, folks):

35[1234] substitutes to main line

35[56789] substitutes to secondary line

36X subs to secondary line

$ subs to main line

I found a lot of help from these sources, in case someone in the future has the same problem:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos