cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodnet896
New Contributor

NetVanta 7100 with polycom 301

Jump to solution

we recently need to add a phone to our system we have an older pbx the netvanta 7100 and adding the new phone was no issue polycom 301. it works fine making calls to internal extensions it also works when i call it with the did number but if i try to make an outgoing call (not an office extension) from the phone i get a dial tone and no call goes though. any suggestions would be helpful.. i did have this issue on a phone before but a reboot of the pbx resolved the issue not in this case..

thanks

Rodney

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodnet
New Contributor II

Re: NetVanta 7100 with polycom 301

Jump to solution

This is my other account apparently i had 2, matt thank your very much turns out i just had to set the caller id number in the user config. issue resolved,,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Rodney,

You may want to check the class of service for that particular voice user.  Also, I would recommend reading this post as some of the tips in it may be helpful:

Newly created acct cannot make outbound calls to external numbers.

If neither of those lead to the resolution I would need to see the current configuration along with the output of a debug sip stack messages, debug voice verbose, and debug isdn l2-formatted, all enabled at the same time while the issue is recreated.  You can submit those to our FTP server with the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files

Thanks,

Matt

rodnet
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

This is my other account apparently i had 2, matt thank your very much turns out i just had to set the caller id number in the user config. issue resolved,,

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.  I went ahead and flagged your last response as the "Correct Answer" to make it more visible.

Thanks,

Matt