cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outrider
New Contributor II

No Analog Through FXS after subnetting

Jump to solution

We are implementing an Adtran Netvanta 7050 for VOIP communication. I also have 2 analog phones plugged to the fxs ports which used to work. The office was using a single network until recently, when we created 6 Vlans. Everything works fine now except for the 2 analog phones. I receive a dialtone but I cannot dial out. I just get a busy signal. We are using a Sonicwall NSA 3500 as our firewall. and a Cisco 300 series managed switch. Windows 2012 server r2 is installed on the  PDC. I assume since I receive a dialtone the problem is outbound traffic. What needs to be enable to get the analog traffic to flow?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
outrider
New Contributor II

Re: No Analog Through FXS after subnetting

Jump to solution

I now have the phones working. The problem was that the fxs ports were not assigned user accounts and extensions. Which makes me wonder how they were working before the subnetting. I just plugged them in and they worked. Unless the accounts were removed by someone when we did the subnetting. But I did not see anyone remove them.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

When you created the VLANs dis you add media-gateway ip primary to the subinterface facing the SIP server? 

outrider
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I am very green when it comes to phone systems, and subnetting. By subinterface are you taking about the Cisco managed switch or the Netvanta switch? On the Netvanta I am assuming this is done under Data/IP Interfaces? Here I have 2 entries eth00 and default. Eth00 is set to dhcp and primary. default is set to the static IP address of the netvanta device.and primary.

For a better breakdown of the topology

Sonicwall  to Cisco managed switch vlan 101

Cisco managed switch to vlan 112(phone and computer subnet)

There are also 4 other vlans connected to the Cisco switch. I am having no other issues than the analog phones.

outrider
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I now have the phones working. The problem was that the fxs ports were not assigned user accounts and extensions. Which makes me wonder how they were working before the subnetting. I just plugged them in and they worked. Unless the accounts were removed by someone when we did the subnetting. But I did not see anyone remove them.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos